Students will be required to successfully pass (B or higher) three specific courses (6 credits) to complete the online certificate program. Please see the list of required courses below. The program can be completed in one academic year, with the first course in Fall 2017, beginning October 23rd, and the last two courses are in the Spring 2018 semester.
Click on each title to see course information:
- Course 1: Understanding Disability and Assistive Technology
- Course 2: Creating and Procuring Accessible Electronic Materials
- Course 3: Designing Universally Accessible Web Resources
Tuition for this online certificate program is assessed on a per credit-hour basis. The hourly rate listed below includes both the tuition cost and a non-refundable administrative fee. The fees are also assessed per billing hour.
Off-campus online tuition rates are the same for both in-state and out of state students. Tuition rates for Academic year 2017-2018:
- $466 per credit hour ($932 per course)
This course is part of a self-supporting program and DOES NOT accept the following tuition and fee waivers (TFWs): Cooperating Teacher waivers, Non-Academic waivers (including UIUC employees and employees of other state institutions), Academic waivers from UIUC, UIC and UIS employees, Related Agency waivers, Field Supervisor waivers, waivers granted through fellowships/assistantships as governed by the Graduate College at UIUC, or Retiree waivers. This program DOES accept statutory waivers (veterans grants, etc.).
- Complete the Intent to Register form to begin the registration process.
- View course offerings and register now.